Child-safety is at the forefront of any parent’s mind, as children are far too naïve and unaware of the workings of the world to take care of themselves. This presents two problems, however: number one, parents are not able to keep 24-hour surveillance on their children; and number two, many of the things that we need to run our everyday lives are exactly the kinds of things that can cause injuries to children. Kitchen appliances, outlets, and other such household items serve as examples. As such, manufacturers must be sure to warn consumers if a product is not safe for a child, while parents must use common sense to determine when an item is potentially dangerous. In such a situation, it would be wise to contact an expert personal injury attorney at 617-787-3700.
According to a newly published study, button batteries have become a much more frequent cause of children going to the emergency room. Button batteries are small, smooth, circular batteries that are used inside thermometers, calculators, remote controls, hearing aids, games and toys, key fobs, cameras, electronic jewelry, holiday ornaments, bathroom scales, and more. The more consumer products utilize these batteries, the higher the risk that a child will swallow one and be injured.
One major challenge is that when a child does swallow a battery, the symptoms are not immediately apparent. Once swallowed, these batteries trigger a chemical process that can rapidly burn through tissue, and one study has indicated that over 12% of these occurrences are fatal.
If you or a loved one has been injured as the result of a faulty product, you may be entitled to significant monetary relief. Act now and contact one of our expert products liability attorneys here at the Law Offices of Gilbert R. Hoy, Jr. and Affiliates to discuss your potential claim. Call us today at 617-787-3700 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for your free and private consultation. Your needs are our top priority!